白と翡翠茄子 White and Jade Eggplants

I have many WOW moments in Japan, and a lot of them are contributing to the amazing work by Japanese farmers.


This summer, the eggplants are having a revolution.

At the farmer's market, in addition to many sizes/shapes, for the first time in my life, I saw white eggplants and jade eggplants. 





The white eggplants really look like white eggs - making me appreciate the name "eggplants" more than ever.




I have found cookbooks dedicated to eggplants in the bookstores - not 1, but 2. 

One is for Japanese-style cooking of eggplants.

The other is for Western-style cooking of eggplants.


I plan to try them out before the summer ends. 💋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

鳴かぬなら If the bird does not sing

Dining Club (1) - Le Gourmet Toastmasters Club (Founder's District)

Morning Club (1) - Early Bird Toastmasters Club